Day two started off the same as day one, 2 hours of death by PowerPoint, just when you though that the day would be like that all Sajid started with the hands on labs.
Today’s labs where:
- Deploying Adobe Reader
- Upgrading Adobe Reader (neat)
- Troubleshooting tips
To close out the day, Sajid and David ran a contest. We where given three packages to deploy and execute on a Windows XP desktop. Each package had at least one issue with it and you need to solve them. Since there is another airlift next week I will not spill the beans on how to solve the each of the issues but I will say.
- There is more than one way to solve most of these problems
- Listen very carefully when they talk about how to troubleshoot problems.
What I though about the airlift.
- Need better PCs
- Although I like the way Sajid/David did the labs, it still would have been better to have lab manuals.
- I REALLY REALLY like the “Contest / testing your knowledge” and I hope they do it again for the next Canadian airlift!!! No I did not win maybe next time.
- I think this was better than the SCOM airlift back in November
- Also for the most part it was better than January’s SC airlift because of the hand on labs where that much better + my luggage don’t get lost this time.